Search
Filters

Width-145 | Tyres | Triumph-herald-950-and-s-1959-to-1964

Triumph Herald 950 and S 1959 to 1964

Small family car base models. Built from 1959 to 1964.

Originally fitted with a 520-13 crossply tyre, a suitable modern radial replacement would be a 145SR13.

The Michelotti-designed Triumph Herald made its debut in 1959 in saloon and coupé forms, with a 34.5bhp 948cc four-cylinder engine. Within a year there was a convertible, then in 1961 the 948cc engine was superseded by an 1147cc unit in the Herald 1200 – although the entry-level 948cc Herald S did lived on initially.

The bigger engine brought with it an estate which by early 1962 had spawned a van called the Courier. In March 1963 the Herald 12/50 reached showrooms with a pepped-up 1200 engine now rated at 51bhp instead of the usual 39bhp. There was also a full-length sliding cloth sunroof but in 1967 came the most powerful Herald of all: the 13/60.

Available in saloon, convertible and estate forms (the coupé and Courier van had been killed off in 1964), the Herald 13/60 was fitted with a 61bhp 1296cc engine. The 1200 and 13/60 were sold alongside each other until the final Herald went out of production in 1971.

Filters