Alvis TD21 1958 to 1963
Originally fitted with a 600-15 crossply tyre, which is no longer available, although a 640-15 as fitted to later T series cars will fit. If a radial tyre is prefered, then a 185R15 could be fitted.
The final Alvis made before the company closed down was the TF21 and this evolved from the TC108G of 1956. Based on the TC21, the TC108G was designed by Swiss coachbuilder Graber, with the pre-war styling replaced by a modern, elegant coupé or drophead design hiding a 104bhp 2993cc straight-six engine.
For 1958 an update by Park Ward brought a single-piece rear window in place of the previous wrap-around item, along with a name change to TD21. Power increased to 115bhp courtesy of a six-port cylinder head, an automatic gearbox became optional and from 1959 front disc brakes became standard.
The TD21 Series 2 arrived in 1962, with rear disc brakes and an optional five-speed ZF manual gearbox. Just a year later the 130bhp TE21 debuted, with stacked headlights, a five-speed gearbox plus improved front suspension and steering (now with optional power assistance) and a much lighter clutch.
The TF21 of 1966 was the final iteration of the breed, and the most powerful with its 150bhp triple-carb engine. Alvis built its last TF21 in 1967.