Herald 13/60 1967 to 1971

Herald 13/60 1967 to 1971

<p><span style="font-size: large;"><strong>Triumph&nbsp;Herald 13/60 1967 to 1971</strong></span></p> <p>The Michelotti-designed Triumph Herald made its debut in 1959 in saloon and coup&eacute; forms, with a 34.5bhp 948cc four-cylinder engine. Within a year there was a convertible, then in 1961 the 948cc engine was superseded by an 1147cc unit in the Herald 1200 &ndash; although the entry-level 948cc Herald S did lived on initially.</p> <p>The bigger engine brought with it an estate which by early 1962 had spawned a van called the Courier. In March 1963 the Herald 12/50 reached showrooms with a pepped-up 1200 engine now rated at 51bhp instead of the usual 39bhp. There was also a full-length sliding cloth sunroof but in 1967 came the most powerful Herald of all: the 13/60.</p> <p>Available in saloon, convertible and estate forms (the coup&eacute; and Courier van had been killed off in 1964), the Herald 13/60 was fitted with a 61bhp 1296cc engine. The 1200 and 13/60 were sold alongside each other until the final Herald went out of production in 1971.</p> <p><span>Originally fitted with a 520-13 crossply tyre. From 1965 there was the option of a 145SR13 radial, which can be used as a replacement for the earlier crossply. Additionally, from 1965 there were the options of wider wheels fitting 165/70R13 or even 175/70R13 radial tyres.</span></p>
Read more