Austin Healey 100 1954 to 1956
Traditional 4 cylinder British sports car. Built from 1954 to 1956 in standard, M and S versions. Originally fitted with an obsolete 550-15 crossply tyre, with a 590-15 crossply option. The best radial replacement tyre would be a 165R15.
The Austin Healey 100 grew out of the Healey Hundred, first seen at the 1952 London Motor Show. The brainchild of Donald Healey, he struck a deal with Austin to make the car at Longbridge; the Austin Healey 100 was born with the first cars made in 1953.
Retrospectively known as the 100/4 and codenamed BN1, the Austin Healey featured an A90 Atlantic 2660cc four-cylinder engine in 94bhp form, and a three-speed gearbox with overdrive. In 1955 the BN2 superseded the BN1, with a four-speed gearbox, stronger brakes and a swage line through to the tail.